Monday, December 13, 2010

Holiday Winner!

I apologize for the lack of blogging in the past week. My computer died last week.
It has since been replaced and I am back in the game!

The following recipe is one that I make time and time again when I have company.
I can promise you that there will be nothing left by the end of the night.
Serve this with glass of pinot noir and your friends will be licking the plate...

Baked curried brie
serves 6

1 tsp. curry
1 8-ounce wheel of Brie
1/4 fruit chutney (my favorite is Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney)
1/4 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
baguette slices, crackers and fruit

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Sprinkle curry evenly over cheese and rub into the sides.
Spread chutney evenly over the top and sprinkle with cashews, gently pressing the cashews into the chutney. Bake 7-10 minutes. If the cheese has not been at room temperature add 5 minutes to the cooking time. Transfer to a serving platter and surround with the baguette slices, crackers and fruit. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment