Monday, January 3, 2011

Holy Guacamole!

Every now and then I really miss my days that I spent living in San Diego; the obvious reasons being 360 days of sun, miles of public beaches, and the laid back lifestyle, yet what I really miss most is the fabulous Mexican food. While I was living in La Costa, there was a little stand that sold the best salsa known to man. I would stop at this stand (after my 10 mile, 1 hour commute) and buy salsa, perfectly ripe avocados and handmade tortilla chips. My idea of a fabulous meal!

Since I could not possibly reinvent the salsa, I thought I would give you a great recipe for guacamole. Loaded with good fats that will nourish your skin and hair; avocados are a winner in my book. Try this guacamole on eggs, veggie sandwiches, grilled chicken, black bean quesadillas or just simply eat it right out of the bowl, when no one is looking of course...

Classic Guacamole

makes 4 servings


2 ripe avocados

1/4 cup fresh lime juice

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

2 small green onions, chopped

1 serrano chile, seeded and minced

1 garlic clove, minced

Salt

Baby carrots, red bell pepper strips & radishes to dip


Halve the avocado’s lengthwise and remove the pits. Place the avocado flesh in a small bowl. Mash the avocados with a fork. Add the lime juice, cilantro, green onion, serrano chile, and garlic. Mix the ingredients until well combined. Season to taste with salt. Serve right away alongside fresh veggies.


No comments:

Post a Comment