Sunday, June 19, 2011

Roasted Sweet Potatoes



We were invited to my sister's new house this weekend for a potluck dinner.
One of my favorite dishes to bring to potlucks is a platter of roasted sweet potatoes with quinoa tabbouleh. I do not eat eat hamburgers or hotdogs so in the event that that is what is being grilled, I can politely pass and the sweet potatoes will be plenty to fill me up.
My favorite way to roast them is to set the oven to 425. Place 2 tbsp. of virgin coconut oil on a baking sheet and place in the oven as it preheats. In the meantime, peel and slice 2 medium sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch rounds. When the oven is preheated remove the baking dish and place your sweet potato rounds in one layer and sprinkle with sea salt. Cook for about 15 minutes and carefully turn the potatoes and cook for another 15 minutes or so. Delicious!

My big sister (she's the shorter one..)



No comments:

Post a Comment