Friday, May 27, 2011

Help Me Write My Book!

I am very excited to be able to put my cleanse program and recipes into a book!!
If you are able to help provide feedback on the recipes I intend to include I would really appreciate it!

Here is one of my favorite kale recipes. I swear I eat about 1 head of kale a day either in smoothies or a simple recipe like this. I am always looking at creating new ways to incorporate it into a meal. This takes about 10 minutes and is fabulous topped with grilled fish or chicken.
I often eat mine for lunch with brown rice. Yum! If you are on the fence with kale, please give this a try and let me know what you think!


Sauteed Kale with Lemon Zest

Serves 4


2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

1 head kale, spine removed & diced into thin ribbon like strips

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper

1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice

Zest of 1 lemon

Salt & Pepper

optional: parmesan cheese


Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt and kale; saute 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and continue to saute until kale is bright green and tender, about 5-8 minutes more. Do not overcook! Remove skillet from the heat and add crushed red pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest and parmesan if using. Mix well and serve warm or room temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment